Monday, April 8, 2013

Batman TV Show 1966

OK I know everyone loves the new Batman the Dark Knight movies but for me nothing will ever  beat the TV show from 1966 Starring Adam West as Batman and Burt Ward as Robin. It lasted 3 seasons from 1966 - 1968 with 120 episodes.
This was a classic and in my opinion still is. Now why is this not on DVD? Well its because the idiots over at Time-Warner and Fox can't figure out who gets the money. Even the Riddler can't figure this out. So while they are being greedy we lose out. How about we put them in a locked room and no one can come out until there is an agreement. Ok enough complaining. Yes the show was campy and kind of out there , but that was what they were going for. Every star of that era was dying to be on that show as a Villain or on a guest spot while Batman and Robin were climbing up the building and going by a window. Anyone remember that? Here is a picture of it with The Green Hornet and Kato in the window and that's Bruce Lee as Kato.

Other celebrities on the window climb were Jerry Lewis , Dick Clark , Sammy Davis Jr. , Art Linkletter , and Edward G. Robinson to just name a few. Now for the villains! Where more famous stars are to be found.

Here is a list of some of the Villains
Penguin - Burgess Merideth
Joker - Cesar Romero
Catwoman - Julie Newmar ( the best one in my opinion ) ,Eartha Kit ,and Lee Merriwether ( movie only )
Riddler - Frank Gorshin ( My favorite Villain ) ,and John Astin
Siren - Joan Collins
Chandell - Liberace
Louie the Liliac - Milton Berle
Minerva - Zsa Zsa Gabor
Then on the last season we were introduced to Batgirl ( Barbara Gordon ) played by Yvonne Craig.She even got her own theme song.

I love this show and always will. Until it comes out on DVD so I can buy it I will continue to tape all the episodes I see on TV . Right now the only station I can find playing it is ME-TV on Direct TV channel 20 from 7:00 - 8:00 P.M. Pacific Time . Until next time stay tuned same Bat - Time same Bat - Channel.  Bam Pow Boom...

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites!! The movie was great, too!! Thanks for doing this blog brutha!!

    ReplyDelete