Thursday, April 18, 2013

Torsdag!!! Thorsday in Swedish...

Happy Thorsday!!!


Today on another great Thorsday I will bring to you Tales of Asgard. It all started in Issue # 97 in Journey Into Mystery from 1963. That is 14 Issues after the 1st appearance of Thor in Issue # 83. It appears usually about the last 4 to 5 pages of the latest Thor story. As the title suggests it gives stories and history of Asgard and of course Norse Mythology. To me the more I read about the Norse Mythology the more I like it. No more Greek mythology for me , but that might be because of my Scandinavian heritage and my Viking bloodline! This premier story takes place before Odin and talks about the Frost Giant Ymir. So here it is. I will give you the Cover page of the comic and then jump to the beginning of Tales from Asgard.   Skål!  (cheers in Swedish ).







Hope you enjoyed the comic and also got a little history of Norse Mythology out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment